Confluence Library Submissions
Many of our pieces for the library are solicited from our organizational and tribal partners. However, we do accept public submissions on an ongoing basis. Our priority is material that advances our mission to connect people with the history, living cultures and ecology of the Columbia River system through Indigenous voices. Please do not submit articles that do not relate to these themes.
If you are interested in providing a piece for the library, please email email@example.com
- Currently, we need more articles that fall under the themes of Sovereignty, First Foods, Lewis and Clark, and Traditional Ecological Knowledge.
- Please start out by emailing us a pitch, around a paragraph long. If we are interested, we will ask to see the piece or talk more in-depth.
- Confluence prioritizes Indigenous voices of the Columbia River.
- We use the Chicago Manual of Style in our library. Your article does not need to be in Chicago Style but do keep in mind that it will need to be edited, if accepted, to fit Chicago.
- We will reply within a week to your pitch.
- As a small nonprofit, we, unfortunately, are not able to pay for submissions at this time.
- Copyrights and permissions depend upon each case and will be a conversation between you and us.